3.19.2009

la dolce vita.





My college roomate, Anna Ciano used to tell me warm and wonderful stories of her whole extended family spending the month in Sardinia, Italy each summer to visit her grandparents. I was smitten by her colorful stories of family gatherings, farm and market fresh recipes and tradition that took place in these summer months on this windswept and rugged island off the mainland. She would come back in the Fall completely fluent again in Italian- longing for the easy, Italian afternoons. She often extended the invite to join them and never got a chance to. These images from the UK based company Toast may or may not be from there but, in my mind, this is the trip I never took. It is worth a visit to their e-catalogue to take your own trip to visit the Ciano's.

|erica|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...